The Water Delivery Company wants to share some useful tips on how people can conserve water.
- Turn off your running water while you brush your teeth, wash your hands, or when you are washing dishes. You can fill a cup of water to rinse your teeth instead of taking sips from the running faucet or fill the sink with water and use it to soak all the dishes.
- If you are using a washing machine, turn it on only when it is really full. If you use the machine just for a couple of plates – you are wasting a lot of water and energy, not to mention more chemicals for the washing machine detergents.
- Try to take showers that are shorter. We all enjoy a long shower, but this means a lot more wasted water. Keep in mind some people around the world do not even have water to drink.
- Put a water colouring in the tank of your toilet. If you see that coloured water is running down – this means you have a leakage and you have to take measures to stop wasting that water.
- Make sure to tightly turn off all facets. You may think that it is just a few drops of water, but in reality it is a lot more, if you leave them dripping for hours.
- Buy a water efficient toilet.
The Water Delivery Company will be back next week with more useful tips.