Your New Year’s Resolution: Drink More Water
Is your New Years Resolution to ‘drink more water’? Trying to drink more water every day might seem like a dull task. We know how easy it is to become unmotivated and forget to hydrate throughout the day. But with some simple tricks and making some fun rules for yourself, it doesn’t have to be so difficult. Here are our best tips for drinking more water this new year and beyond!
HOW TO FORM A HABIT THIS NEW YEAR
- Start Simple – Don’t try to completely change in one day. It is easy to get over-motivated and take on too much. If you want to drink 2 litres of water a day, start with 1 litre a day and build it up gradually.
- Commit to 21 days — Research shows that three to four weeks is all the time you need to make a habit automatic. Once you make it through the initial conditioning phase, it becomes much easier to keep up.
- Buddy Up – Find someone such as a colleague or a friend who will go along with you and keep you inspired if your motivation is dwindling. Get competitive!
- Restructure your Environment — Make sure to prompt yourself to stick to your resolution and remove any negative temptations in the first 21 days. Out of sight, out of mind!
- Remind Yourself — After around two weeks it can be easy to lose motivation and forget about your resolution. Place reminders to stick to your habit by writing on a sticky note or set a reminder on your phone.
MAKE HYDRATION A HABIT
Drinking water is second nature to us, but a lot of us are chronically dehydrated without realising it. If your resolution is to drink more water this year, we have plenty of tips to keep you on track.
DRINK DELICIOUS WATER THIS NEW YEAR
Drink better, high-quality water instead of tap water and you will reap the benefits! Contact us via the form below to find out more about our range of water cooler machines available to rent or purchase.