New Year New You
I don’t know about you, but we had a blast here at The Water Delivery Company in 2017.
With the hangover of Christmas and New Year’s in full swing, we thought it would be a good idea to offer a few tips on how to start a fresh in 2018, offering a little bit of encouragement to drink a little more water this time around.
So Why Should We Drink More Water This Year?
The human body fundamentally needs water to function at an optimum level. Your organs need it to flush out toxic waste, water consumption can assist in maintaining a healthy weight as well as losing weight, it ensures productivity and sustained energy levels reducing your risk of dehydration.
While water may not necessarily solve your life problems, it certainly helps with destressing, and detoxing your mind and body. A healthy mind and healthy body elevates euphoric which in turn steers you in the right direction of an overall healthy wellbeing.
How to Increase Your Water Intake
- Fill a water bottle every day and take it with you on all your daily activities. This way you’ll constantly have a physical reminder with you to stay hydrated and you’ll avoid spending unnecessary money on buying water!
- Create a habit of drinking a glass of water as soon as you wake up and before you go to sleep. That way you’ve already managed to get 2 glasses from your 8 a day!
- If you can’t stand the taste of water, add flavourings such as slices of orange, lemons, strawberries or cucumbers. Fruits are also high in water content so you’ll stay hydrated for longer.
- Eat your water through water rich foods such as tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelons, celery and spinach to name a few. Remember to have a glass of water 20-30min before you eat to prepare your stomach juices for digestion
- Give up the gas cooldrinks and sports drinks and opt for sparkling water. You get the bubbles, without the added calories and preservatives.
- Instead of grabbing unhealthy snacks when you think you’re hungry, drink a glass of water first and re assess your cravings.
Last but certainly not least, when you are writing down your new year resolutions, remember your health and make water intake a priority, it will undoubtedly make you a healthier, happier and more positive person.
Happy Hydrating Everyone:)!