Make Your Own Water Cooler Ice Rink
‘Tis the season to be jolly, to bring glad tidings, to enjoy the wonderful variety of wintery wonderlands that are cropping up all over the capital at this festive time. Among the Christmassy treats are numerous ice rinks, complete with lovely fairy lights and often mulled wine/mince pie stands, just to really get you in the mood. But if you a) can’t bear the thought of nursing a severely bruised bottom for the weeks leading up to Chistmas, b) Aren’t sure about skating around in the freezing weather, probably in medium to heavy drizzle, and pretending to have the time of your life or c) just can’t be bothered, how about make your very own office ice rink from water from your water cooler? Of course, we do not condone “wastage” of our delicious spring water, however in the name of fun/Christmas sprit, I think we can let this one slide. Follow these very simple, Blue Peter-like steps to a decoration that will bring you hours of guaranteed fun, and definitely make you a mega hit with the workmates.
1) Take bowl
2) Fill with water from the cooler
3) Place bowl in freezer for 24 hours
4) Bring in Lego/Playmobil figures to skate around your home made ice rink.
5) If ice begins to melt, place back in freezer (minus toys) until hardened.
6) Can be refrozen as often as desired.
7) For added magic, decorate with fairy lights, tinsel, and play music in close vicinity of the rink, as though providing entertainment for the skaters.
Et, voila. Your very own winter wonderland. Merry Christmas!