Sanitising a water cooler
The Water Delivery Company sell customers a wide range of bottled water coolers for use in the office or the home. While this can save customers money in comparison with renting a water cooler it is important that customers santise their water coolers on a regular basis. This ensures the hygenic integrity of the water coming out of the water cooler and will also ensure that the water cooler itself lasts.
The water cooler sanitisation kit that we sell customers was developed in association with a Dutch company and provides a simple process for sanitising water coolers. It is also approved by the BWCA – British Water Cooler Association.
Sanitising and the cleaning of your water cooler should take no longer than fifteen minutes but each step has to be carefully followed to ensure that you are not doing more harm than good.
Our sanitiser is an ideal product that allows customers to clean their coolers independently. The 100ml bottle of sanitizer contains a chemical that breaks down over 5 minutes into water. It does not impart any taste, taint or smell. We recommend that you sanitise your watercooler once every three months but it can be done more frequently.
Room temperature and cold water cooler sanitisation instructions
1) Remove the water bottle from the top of the watercooler and unplug the cooler from the mains power supply.
2) Empty the remaining water in the watercooler through the taps. Your watercooler may also have a white screw on the back which when taken off will drain the tanks fully – YOU MUST replace the lid after draining. Your watercooler will now have no water inside.
3) Put on disposable gloves
4) Remove the plastic lid that the bottle sits on by turning and then lifting. Clean this with hot, soapy water and then rinse thoroughly to ensure that you have removed all the cleaning agent from the lid.
5) Remove the baffle which is the plastic divider in the middle of the water cooler reservoir.
6) Clean the reservoir with a scourer and clean, potable water.
7) Remove taps and clean using a good quality bottle brush. Clean the tap feed with the bottle brush. Replace taps.
4) Pour correct dosage of sanitiser liquid directly into the watercooler reservoir. The sanitizer will now drain inside the water cooler.
5) Replace the lid on the cooler ensuring that it is placed firmly on the water cooler.
6) Take the bottle of spring water and place this on the top of the water cooler as normal. The water cooler will now fill with water and help spread the sanitizing liquid all around the tanks.
8) Take the water bottle off the top of watercooler once the air bubbles have stopped rising – the cooler is now full of water. Wait for ten minutes and then drain the watercooler through the taps – as in Step 2. You can repeat this process a few times but once is sufficient.
9) Your water cooler will now be ready to use as normal, plug the water cooler back into the mains power and replace the bottle on the top again.
If you are sanitising a hot and cold water cooler you will need follow a slightly different process – please call us for detailed instructions on 0845 006 3309
Keep the sanitisation kit out of reach of children. The Water Delivery Company cannot accept liability for misuse of the sanitizer. Click on the link to the-water-delivery-company-sanitising-your-water-cooler.
[contact-form-7 id=”255″ title=”homepage quote”]