What is the EBWA in the water cooler world?
There are two main water cooler industry bodies in the UK – the BWCA and the EPDWA – which ensure that our industry is well represented and that members adhere to certain core principles and methods and used throughout their business.
The EBWA – the European Bottled Watercooler Association – states it’s objectives (shown below) on its website, and these are very similar to those of the the British water cooler associations. Where it differs is in its scope and therefore its tricky balancing act of developing common practices across different countries across Europe. All these countries have specific needs which often means that what is right for one country is wrong for another.
“The mission of the European Bottled Watercooler Association is to ensure that the consumer is provided with bottled water products served from watercoolers that are of the highest standards of quality both in product and service.”
According to the Articles of Association, EBWA is a non-profit making and non-governmental international organisation whose principal aims are:
- To serve as the authoritative source for all information concerning the watercooler industry and its use of all denominations of bottled water
- To facilitate the exchange of technical, scientific and regulatory information
- To define, promote and maintain the highest standards of quality and hygiene in the Industry through self-regulatory instruments including an EBWA Code of Good Hygienic Practice
- To promote ethical, professional and legal practices in the Industry
- To work with national and European government agencies and regulatory bodies whose regulations and standards affect the Industry
- To co-operate and discuss areas of mutual interest with other industries, organisations and associations
The Water Delivery Company is not a member of the EBWA and provides this blog for information only. For information on the core principles and methods we follow please look at the water cooler service assurance and the enironmental sections of our website.